Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Let's see how much I can change this year!

This is my very first blog post so I really have no idea what I'm doing... but I'll tell you a little about what I hope to accomplish this year for myself and my family. First and foremost is that the Lord has come back into our lives. I'm so excited and cannot wait to see what things he has planned for us this year.
Second, I am trying to get us into a healthier lifestyle. I have been doing Weight Watchers and am committing myself to losing weight and being around for a very long time. And I hope this will spread to the rest of my family.
The third thing I would like to work on this year is making us greener. We will be having a much larger garden this year. I would like to learn how to can food and freeze more of it. We were hoping to have chickens this year but it will have to wait until next year as Matt is so busy he probably won't have time to build a coop this year. I also hope to learn some basic sewing techniques (which you would think I would already know being that my mother is a seamstress but I never took the time to learn!) and to learn to crochet. The first thing we'll be doing is getting rid of paper towels and Clorox wipes.
I'm so looking forward to starting this journey and sharing it with everyone. Any and all advice, tips, and help concerning these things will be greatly appreciated. God Bless you all and may you all remember to reduce your footprint on this earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment